Skiing—particularly competitive skiing—is expensive. The following scholarship programs can help:
- The WIA Winter Camp Scholarships are available to Big Sky students and residents aged 5-18.
- The Lars Ericson Program Scholarships are available to all BSSEF program participants.
WIA Winter Camp Scholarships
WIA Winter Camp scholarship applications for the upcoming season must be submitted to Women in Action by October 22nd.
The WIA Winter Camp Scholarships are awarded and administered independently by WIA. BSSEF provides scholarship support of up to 25% of program costs. WIA can sometimes provide additional support.
Women in Action is a local non-profit working to serve the community of Big Sky, Montana. The purpose of Women in Action is to provide access and support to programs that improve the well-being of children and families in our under-served rural Big Sky community.
- Complete the application form on the WIA website.
- WIA will inform you whether, and to what extent, you have been awarded scholarship support for your participation in a BSSEF program in early November.
- You will receive a discount code in the amount of your scholarship award to use at checkout. If you’ve already purchased a program, you’ll receive a rebate in the amount of your award.
Lars Ericson Program Scholarships
Lars Ericson Program scholarship applications for the upcoming season must be submitted using the form below by September 15th.
Lars Ericson Program Scholarships are awarded and administered by BSSEF.
- Register first. Look for the Partial.ly payment option at checkout in order to reduce your down payment to as low as 25% of your total registration fees.
- Complete the application form below.
- If you receive an award, you’ll receive a rebate.
Lars Ericson (1948-2018) was a long-time friend and supporter of the Big Sky Ski Education Foundation who volunteered countless hours on the mountain as a perpetual member of the race crew. The Lars Ericson Program Scholarship Fund was established in 2021 in remembrance.
On a highly selective basis, BSSEF has the capacity to provide some support for athletes who are invited to participate in certain national or international competitions (e.g. Whistler Cup). Please contact the Program Director or a member of the Board of Directors for additional information.
Financial Support for Scholarships
BSSEF License Plates
Support BSSEF’s programs by requesting a special BSSEF license plate when you register your vehicle in Montana. All proceeds received by BSSEF go toward scholarships.
You can support our scholarship programs directly by making a donation and designating your tax-deductible contribution.