If you have any questions regarding proper ski length, contact Leah Lange. Here are some rules of thumb for kids’ Nordic skis.
- Skating: Skier’s height plus 5 cm to 10 cm.
- Classic: Skier’s height plus 10 cm to 20 cm.
When in doubt, choose a slightly shorter length for beginners and lighter athletes.
By renting skis and agreeing to the BSSEF Terms and Conditions at checkout, you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the skis:
- If during the course of the season the skis are damaged beyond normal wear-and-tear, you will be responsible for purchasing the skis at their full retail value.
- Skiing through the parking lot constitutes damage beyond normal wear-and-tear.
- Skiing over rocks will damage the skis.
You are responsible for waxing the skis:
- That means waxing the skis at least every other week.
- Kick wax must be properly removed from classic skis after use.
All rentals are subject to availability. Once you have reserved your skis and paid your rental fee online, contact Nordic Program Director Leah Lange to arrange pick-up.
Skis must be returned to Leah Lange, the Nordic Program Director, no later than March 31st.
- Skis must be returned clean: no kick wax with a new layer of glide wax applied.
- BSSEF will determine the degree of wear-and-tear on the skis at its sole discretion.